Sunday, November 19, 2006

...okay, back again...

i had given up the idea of blogging since i didn't have any adventures like paying huge fees to visit chimps and asking people where they pooped (on a hill? near water sources?). however, a few observations about the gym:
  • people will put up with an inordinate amount to work out - one time, it smelled like a sewer, and the gym was still full.
  • though i am always happy to see people wipe off their machines, there are way too many people who don't. that is NOT promoting public health.
  • there are always really skinny girls on the cardio machines leafing through magazines and chatting loudly to their really-skinny-friend at the next machine. their effort is half-hearted and their talking is loud. but then i think, isn't that how it should be ? (not the ultra-skinny, halfhearted, and loud part) shouldn't we be talking and having some sort of fun while working out?
  • female locker rooms are silent and dead. if there are any peeping toms, s/he would be bored to death.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

I'm just not really sure that wiping off machines is anything beyond cosmetic. But keep telling yourself that they are clean...

8:36 PM  
Blogger Andrew McMahan said...

Time for an update.

9:54 AM  
Blogger debs said...

Man these are the types of stories I miss out on when I don't have internet. Damn ;). Yeah let's go party in the gym when I get back just to show them how it's done.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Christopher Rae said...

Sometimes I wish I was a really skinny women talking loudly with my really skinny friend, while flipping through a cosmo, satisfied in the knowledge that the previous step-machine user had wiped off the machine...and is most likely bored stiff hiding-out in the woman's locker room.
(I haven't checked yet, but did you post an entry on that time you squeezed my but in front of EVERYONE in bukavu?)

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home